Paddling Safety in Lac du Bonnet
Are you looking forward to getting out on the river or channel this summer with your paddle craft? We sure are! Whether you are new to paddling activities or have been doing it for years, STARTbotating.ca is a great online resource that provides you with information on what you need to know to go canoeing, kayaking, or stand-up paddleboarding safely. Learn the basics to safely enjoying paddling activities and be better prepared for life on the water this summer.
The Lee River and Pinawa Channel are beautiful waterways to paddle. For your best paddling experience, we suggest you:
1.Head out early before motorized vessel users take to the waters.
2. Paddle near the shoreline and stay away from heavy traffic areas.
3. Enjoy these waterways on the weekdays, when there is less traffic on the waterways.
4. Choose a bright colour such as red, yellow or orange for your lifejacket, kayak, canoe or other paddle vessels so that other boat operators can see you.
5. Keep signalling devices within easy reach in case of emergency.
6. Have fun and be safe by ensuring you pack your safety equipment, wear a life jacket, and be aware of your surroundings.