Finding a spot in Lac du Bonnet to take breathtaking photography isn’t the hard part; it’s deciding where to start! Whatever the season, Lac du Bonnet is a photographer’s paradise! Lac du Bonnet is a great destination for landscape photography, nature photography, wildlife photography, and night photography, with something new around every bend.
Driving through Lac du Bonnet, you will find open fields, farmland, abandoned barns, rock formations, the boreal forest, bogs, riverbeds and much more natural beauty. Home to over 300 species of birds, and wildlife like white-tailed deer, black bear, beavers, and red fox, your wildlife photography will be set against the Canadian Shield and boreal forest. At night, the sky is alive with stars and northern lights that glisten and glow across the reflective water surfaces making Lac du Bonnet a beautiful spot for all your night photography too.
Your Lac du Bonnet Photography Experience will Include:
- Breathtaking views and unique photographic challenges
- Lush boreal forests, pristine prairie landscapes, Canadian Shield outcroppings
- Captivating waterfront views along the banks of the Winnipeg River, Lee River and Pinawa Channel
- Abundant wildlife including Beavers, Black Bears, Coyotes, Red Fox, River Otters, Snapping Turtles, White-tailed Deer
- 300 specifies of birds nesting along the river banks and in the boreal forest
- Fantastic wildflowers, foliage, deciduous and coniferous trees